HOW IT WORKS
-We accept single men 18 years of age and older who are clean of drugs and alcohol and capable of performing household chores. We are a strictly overnight shelter – we unfortunately do not provide case management or any other services during the day.
-We have a First-Come-First-Served policy. On days when we have an open bed, it becomes available at 9 A.M., after which we will give the bed to the first qualified man at the door.
-You can call to ask about an open bed any day starting at 9 A.M. If a bed is available, however, calling will not reserve your spot.
ARE WE RIGHT FOR YOU?
St. Anthony’s is a safe and loving environment where you will be known and welcomed as a person. To maintain this environment, all guests have to abide by a set of specific rules for community living, including:
- Check-in at 6:30 p.m. and Departure at 6:45 a.m.
- Daily breathalyzer testing and frequent drug testing
- Daily searches and regular room searches
- Required communal dinners and programming
- No smoking
- Daily chores
- No cell phones in the evening
This shelter is NOT a good fit if you:
- Work night or early morning shifts
- Have a severe physical and/or mental disability
- Require an in-house case worker, caretaker, or other social/medical services
If these apply to you, you may want to contact these other shelters/services in our area: